In the late 90s, social media burst into our lives, changing the way we interact, the relationships we build and how we present ourselves. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn offered us a chance to express ourselves, and by that very virtue, collected vast amounts of data.
Not only was this data stored with these platforms, but it was also managed and analyzed to make social media more personal and more innovative.
With apps becoming more sophisticated, they require highly advanced and privately-owned tech infrastructure, which makes Private Cloud Hosting an ideal solution. First, there are some basic points to address – what is Private Cloud? What is Private Cloud Hosting and the difference between Public Cloud and Private Cloud?
What is a Private Cloud?
A Private Cloud is a computing service offered over the internet or through a private internal network. In essence, it differs from the Public Cloud, in which third-party service provider makes resources available to the public, over the internet. The Private Cloud, also known as internal Cloud or corporate Cloud, offers the same benefits of a Public Cloud, like scalability, self-service and elasticity. However, on top of these common services, you get more control and customization options, which come from the dedicated resources of a Private Cloud and an infrastructure that is hosted on the premises of the company. In a nutshell, this is a distinct and safe Cloud environment, in which only the specified client can operate.
Private Cloud Hosting vs. Public Cloud Hosting
With each passing day, the debate about the privacy of social media data is growing. Social media platforms are now exploring ways in which they can control the oceans of data coming in while keeping it secure at the same time. This is where Cloud Hosting comes in.
There are two types of Cloud Hosting – Public and Private. Before we talk about Private Cloud Hosting, let’s discuss the difference between Public Cloud and Private Cloud.
When you choose a Public Cloud, your data is stored in the Hosting providers’ data centre. In this situation, it is your provider who is responsible for managing and maintaining the data centre. While this does take a burden off companies, it also means that there is considerably less security. That’s not to say that the Public Cloud is open to breaches – all of your data remains separate from other users.
Private Cloud Hosting offers all the resources of a Public Cloud. The key difference is that it resides on the company’s intranet or data centre and all the data is protected by a firewall. Maintenance, management and analysis all take place internally, which makes it a secure but pricier option.
Why are social media platforms looking at Private Cloud Hosting?
There are many factors that go into choosing what kind of Hosting service to choose.
Given that social media platforms are so dynamic, they need a Hosting service that provides them with privacy, scalability, data recovery and more. With the Public Cloud, organisations can scale at an infinite rate, which is perfect for social media companies. Furthermore, Public Clouds also stay updated with the latest features, so companies are free from installing and updating apps.
However, with the debates about privacy raging (almost) out of control, organisations may choose to protect their data by hosting it on a private cloud. Below are some of the reasons why social media platforms are moving to Private Cloud Hosting.
- Storage: Platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn have millions of visitors daily. Each day is witness to an increasing user-base, increased interactions and exchanges. This brings in massive volumes of data spread across the internet. Furthermore, content like photos and videos are heavy and require more space. If all this data isn’t managed smartly, the site speed can slow down, affecting users. Private Cloud Hosting allows social platforms to both store and distribute data efficiently and in real time, without impacting site speed.
- Site Speed: For social media platforms, more users translate to more speed. Social media platforms need to be prepared to handle the daily load of traffic, content sharing, engagement and more. By distributing data across a virtual network of servers, Private Cloud Hosting allows social media sites the opportunity to manage and balance site speed and performance.
- Analysis: Social media is dynamic – it is constantly changing, according to user needs, insights and preferences. Where do these changes and insights come from? – Big data analysis. Companies can access any kind of data – both structured and unstructured – easily across the Cloud network. They can then develop analytics programs to improve their performance and usage.
- Privacy: As we’ve mentioned earlier, these social media platforms have access to incredibly personal and private data. Companies are now investing heavily in privacy and data encryption. As a result, they are now moving their data to Private Cloud Hosting, which offers greater security, is far more customisable and offers greater speed.
- Data Recovery: With the volumes of personal user information coming in, there is always the potential risk of data loss. Storing data in one centralised location, or on a Public Cloud, can pose a risk. However, with Private Cloud Hosting, data centres are spread across different locations, making it easier to backup or recover in the case of data theft, natural disaster or technical malfunction.
- Scalability: Social media sites are changeable – traffic can surge and drop at any point. Companies need a Hosting solution that has provisions for any scenario. Private Cloud Hosting has the capacity to scale resources, based on the situation. Companies can add storage, applications or networks when the need arises.
What We Offer
Essentially, what social media platforms need is a cloud hosting solution that will help them stay at peak performance. Furthermore, scalable and dedicated resources will ensure that these platforms are free to grow and handle more interactions, greater volumes of data and retain optimum site speed. We offer ultra-fast Cloud Hosting services, with a variety of plans to choose from. With our robust Cloud Hosting infrastructure, low-density servers and instant resource scalability, your site will continue at peak performance throughout the day.
Additionally, we provide an intuitive performance dashboard that monitors your Hosting and carries out instant upgrades to deliver the perfect website experience to your customers. We ensure that your Hosting needs grow with your needs, that your data is secure and can be seamlessly transferred in case of any complications. Finally, we ensure that you have a team of experts to help you utilize the capability of the Cloud to its full potential.
There is no ads to display, Please add some