With the growing need to establish an effective online presence, more and more businesses are looking for reliable web hosting solutions for their websites. Over the years, multiple web hosting services like Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting and Cloud Hosting, have gained prominence due to their advanced hosting and storage architecture. Amongst them, Cloud Hosting, particularly, has emerged to be the hosting platform of choice for businesses, big or small, due to the multiple benefits it offers.
In this article, we will look at Cloud Hosting and discuss the meaning and benefits of Managed Cloud Hosting solutions.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud Hosting is a type of website hosting where multiple websites are hosted over a single physical server, whereas the websites’ data is stored across multiple servers. This ensures advanced data security, high uptime and seamless data restore. Cloud Hosting employs advanced cloud storage platforms like Ceph, which mirror the data across three different locations in real-time. Data mirroring accords a high level of security to your website data. When the primary server fails, the onus is seamlessly shifted to the secondary server, and the data is automatically restored from there. The primary server simultaneously undergoes repairs. This seamless backup, transition, and restore guarantees high uptime with Cloud Hosting.
What is Managed Cloud Hosting?
Managed Cloud Server Hosting is an extension of the above where all of the backend maintenance and monitoring is done by the service provider. Opting for managed server hosting allows organizations to leverage from the expertise of the engineers and IT staff of the service provider. As the grunt work of server maintenance and management, including backup, regular updates, security patches, general server upkeep, etc. is looked after by the hosting provider, the business owners have the bandwidth to focus solely on their business.
Who Should Opt for Managed Cloud Hosting?
It is pretty clear that managed hosting is one where the technical work, especially server upkeep, is executed by the service provider itself. The website owner need not worry about setting up the cloud infrastructure or hosting the website or managing the storage servers. It is the IT staff and the technical professionals who render all of the needed support.
Organizations that are new or lack the technical know-how of website hosting must invest in fully Managed Cloud Hosting services. Also, the large enterprises that are short in time and cannot address the server needs should opt for Managed Cloud Hosting.
Advantages of Fully Managed Cloud Hosting Services
- Dedicated Customer Support: One of the reasons why Managed Cloud Server Hosting is better for most of the organizations is the fact that they provide exceptional customer support services. For organizations that have just started or are limited in budget, maintenance is a major issue. Where few lack the needed expertise, others have a small investment budget, disrupting their customer support services.
Managed Cloud Hosting comes with 24×7 support services. Starting with software updates to hosting management, site enhancement, and performance monitoring, the managed hosting solution encompasses all. Having a dedicated team to look after the website maintenance services not only frees the time but also improves the quality of the services provided.
- Improved Security: Migrating to Cloud Hosting definitely offers multiple benefits. However, one thing that obstructs users from moving to the Cloud is their concerns about data privacy and website security. Surprisingly, the data storage solutions in Cloud Hosting are so designed that they are totally secured and ensure seamless backup and restore. Additionally, the Managed Cloud Hosting services have dedicated offerings where cybersecurity terms and protocols are effectively applied, ensuring privacy.
- Advanced Caching: Another important consideration relating to Managed Cloud Hosting is the ability to employ automated caching facilities. Managed Cloud Hosting has prebuilt packages equipped with caching features. This ensures that the entire caching process is executed automatically without requiring human intervention.
Conventionally, Cloud Hosting mandates the website owners to optimize their cache to improve the performance. On the contrary, Managed Cloud Hosting has all of the above processes already aligned and segmented, saving hours of time and also improving the caching capabilities.
- Easy Workload: In the absence of managed hosting, the website owners had to manually set up the infrastructure, install hardware and connect with the software. This consumed a lot of time, and if the organization doesn’t possess the required skills, they had to start with a hiring spree.
Thanks to the availability of Managed Cloud Hosting, the business owner simply needs to worry about his business. All of the installation, integration and maintenance work is executed by the service provider. Additionally, performing backup and updates are also the job of the service provider, relieving the owner from keeping track of the server necessities.
- Automated Recovery and Backup: As mentioned above, with Managed Cloud Hosting, it is the service provider who has the responsibility of tracking the entire website and performing regular updates to keep the same at par with the industrial trends. They also execute backup operations on the website on a regular and timely basis. So, the business owners no longer need to keep an eye on the update notifications panel.
- Regular Monitoring: In addition to all of the above, managed hosting services come with regular checks and performance measurements. The generated reports provide an in-depth view of the entire website, and the owners can use this data to make decisions in the future.
Opting for Managed Cloud Hosting would cost organizations a little more than they spend on the traditional hosting solutions. However, considering the plethora of benefits, managed services are worth the money. Whether a small-sized enterprise or a big fat organization, hosting is one of the important elements of running a business website. Often, hosting solutions fail to provide the uptime, adhere to the request, or secure data. All of this accounts for the loss of business and hence, choosing the right hosting platform is crucial. Ensure that you correctly assess your requirements, research your options well and choose the best Cloud Hosting service provider who offers both scalability and reliability.
To know more about our hosting services, and other updates from the world of hosting head to our Hosting Blogs now.