One of the most efficient tried-and-true methods of selling products is catalog marketing. Catalogs have come a long way from the oldest printed versions to the innovative type of online catalogs which are a perfect cost-effective means of providing loads of information to the customers in an attractive form popular in the era of online shopping and e-commerce.
Online Catalog Design
No doubt, your new and existing customers will see your business the way they perceive your catalog. So, first of all, you should focus on the design that can communicate the message you would like to send.
- Do you deal with discounted or cheap products? Then there is no need for chic designs and high-end color schemes. And conversely, luxurious jewelry, fashionable clothes or brand new vehicles will benefit from elegant designs of the catalogs with the main emphasis on comfort, style, and quality.
- If you want your customers to remember you as a serious reputable brand, do not forget to place your logo and brand name on each page.
- Make sure that your products are categorized into sections. Help your customers orient themselves. Proper structure of an online catalog is a must-have.
- Make an emphasis on the discounts. It is always a great joy to see how much money you can save. So, use the hack of ‘crossed price’!
- Include high-quality photos that showcase the best features of your products. Ideally, your catalog should also feature real-life pictures of people using your goods. Images of smiling faces help to build trust (according to Neil Patel) and encourage future communication.
- Make sure that it is convenient and easy to order the product. Provide all the contact details as well as a list of extra benefits everybody can easily gain. Remember that a modern impressive catalog should be truly interactive!
- Unfortunately, there are far too many marketers who focus more on design and completely forget that it’s words that sell, not pictures. In fact, product descriptions and ordering pages are also a very useful tool for attracting the customers.
Who Uses Digital Catalog Marketing
In present-day economic climate, when the budgets aimed for traditional marketing are under pressure, online catalogs come in to raise the performance! Those companies which are engaged in e-commerce acknowledge that their top priority strategy is digital marketing through catalogs as they are an outstanding tool of driving traffic to the web sales and websites. In today’s market with high rates of competition, the companies try to leverage their brands using all possible sales tools, and catalogs can grow their sales!
Who Responds to Online Catalog Marketing Campaigns
An online catalog is a great way to attract new customers and promote successful sales from the returning customers. If typical printed catalog shoppers are mostly married women in their 50s with good annual income or those who enjoy purchasing after communication to a real person, online catalog marketing campaigns are mostly focused on active people who value their time and try to make their choice using all the online options. The target audience of online stores and small businesses is young people and businessmen who have no time to do traditional shopping. People get tired of catalogs that are piled up on their tables. They either do not want their mailboxes to be jam-packed or they care about environment and are against excessive paper use. Thus, those who think ahead and want to make a difference will definitely react to online catalogs.
How to Build a Digital Sales Catalog
How does a perfect online catalog look like? It is interactive, informative, descriptive, and smart. Being inspiring, it addresses the clients on your behalf and presents the voice of your company, your vision and philosophy.
- Keep your target market in mind
Your sales catalog starts with having a clear goal, strategy, and concept. Showcase your products and create your potential buyers’ interest. Advertise your channels in social media. Gain extra insights with feedback forms and surveys to know your target market well. Make your catalog relevant to the desires and needs of your target group and boost your sales!
- Focus on promoting the right products
Increase visibility of the most popular products. Make your design strategically right featuring the goods which are likely to be purchased. Convert your buyers’ interest into sales with fine tuned layout. Highlight pricing and motivate people to make a purchase now.
- Do the right marketing
Feature your catalog for viewing or downloading on your company’s website. Include exceptional special offers. Use social media for promotion and integrate innovative ideas of distribution.
Pros and Cons of Online Catalog Marketing
Numerous brands are reducing the number of printed catalogs in favor of digital ones. What does the online catalog marketing offer?
- Huge exposure
- No delivery cost, no manufacturing cost
- First rate quality of images with zoom option
- Easy editing or updating
- Possibility to add multimedia, in particular video
- Ability to reach the customer really fast
On the other hand, some regular shoppers make a choice and place their orders online only after they have flicked through printed pages. Thus, their desires are also to be taken into account. When a printed catalog is delivered to their regular mailbox, the chances that the client will ignore it are lower than in case of an online catalog. There is no physical contact with the webpage deprived of smell and pleasant touch that enhances the desire to look through the pages. Besides, online catalogs cannot be personalized unlike printed ones which are targeted at a certain audience. Finally, if your potential client has no access to smartphone, computer, or laptop (which is however very unlikely), they will not be able to make use of a digital catalog.
You are the one who decides on the either a printed or online catalog marketing campaign. Print is not going to die completely, but it is high time to be modern. Nevertheless, you can incorporate elements of each of the strategies to gain the most benefits.