October marked an exciting entry into the final quarter of 2020. Being updated with the latest in the domain name industry is crucial to success as a domain name marketer or small-business owner. It helps you plan ahead, get stronger and elevate your goals to succeed. October 2020 brought in its own set of highlights and trends, let’s take a look at how things panned out.
Highlights of October 2020
- At top-spot, we saw .SITE with a total of 20% share of the total registration count
- .ONLINE secured the 2nd spot with an 18% share of the total numbers registered
- .XYZ continued to be at 3rd spot with a 13.4% share of the total numbers registered
- .FUN and .LIVE secured the 4th and 5th spot respectively
- .ONE made it to the top 15, at 13th position, with a spike of 74.5% in its total registration numbers
*Registration Numbers Facilitated by ResellerClub
Performance of new gTLDs in October
Let us analyse the performance of the key new gTLDs in October 2020.
.SITE secured the first position with the maximum registered gTLDs and contributed to 20% share in the overall new gTLDs registered in October. The climb in the position may be attributed to its sale in the Global markets* and a promo price of $6.49.
Global registration count for October : 1,756,638
Following close behind, .ONLINE moved down to the second spot with an 18% registration share in the overall new gTLDs registered in October. The new gTLD is running at a promo price of $7.49.
Global registration count for October: 1,760,693
Maintaining its third place, .XYZ contributed a total of 13% share to the overall registered new gTLDs in October. The promo price of $ 0.99 can be credited for the surge in the Global markets*.
Global registration count for October: 3,377,321
With a 1.6% hike in its total registration numbers, .FUN claimed the fourth spot in the top 5 new gTLDs registered in the month of October. The domain extension is priced at $0.99.
Global registration count for October: 404,322
Contributing 4.2% share in the overall registration numbers, .LIVE was able to grab the fifth spot in the list. The promo price of $2.99 and the Global markets* can be attributed to the number of registrations.
Global registration count for October: 506,206
With an 18% spike in its registration count, at the sixth position .STORE secured its spot in the top 15 registered gTLDs in October. The maximum registration counts can be attributed to the Global markets* and a promo price of $7.99.
Global registration count for October: 502,576
.LIFE maintained its eighth position in the top 15 registered gTLDs in October. The maximum registration counts can be attributed to the ResellerClub Brazil market. The domain extension is priced at $2.99.
Global registration count for October: 223,433
For the first time in 2020, .ONE made it in the top 15 registered new gTLDs in October at the thirteenth position. Surprisingly there was no special promo running on it, and is priced at $8.99, and it saw a 75% spike in overall registration numbers in the Global markets*.
Global registration count for October: 85,524
Run With The Trends!
With the ever-growing options of new gTLDs, you can help your customers expand their online business and in turn, reach their customers easily.
Here are some exciting new gTLD domain promos lined up for November 2020
- .TRAVEL at $12.99: Own a travel blog or offer travel tips and packages? Offer .TRAVEL to them so that they can share the latest happenings with the world.
- .PET at $4.99: Offer pet products, services and information with the .PET domain name at this amazing promo price!
- .INFO at $3.99: Share valuable information with the popular .INFO domain name at a low price and offer value to your customers.
Check out all our leading domain promos and help your customers get the right one for their online business.
If you would like to know more about domain extensions, check out our other blogs in the Domains category.
*Global market – US, Australia, Canada, Sri Lanka, Thailand and others fall under the global markets.