The phenomenal rise in the usage of the internet and the evolving business models have forced organizations to re-evaluate their respective marketing efforts. A quick-loading professional website has emerged as the most fundamental tool required to promote any business.
A website also serves as a means to establish your brand online and instil confidence in your customers. Companies across industries spend a considerable amount of resources on developing a website that can effectively portray their brand.
While the aesthetics, design, and layout are important, the management and maintenance of backend setup matter much more. Getting that right is the first step. All websites on the internet are hosted on servers. The server is the home of your website, so to say. So, when you’re building a website, it’s best to begin by understanding the servers.
Understanding the Importance of The Web Hosting Server
The server that is used to host a website impacts the loading time, uptime, availability, etc. This can have effects on multiple aspects like customer experience and Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
Ideally, you would want a Dedicated Server. A Dedicated Server, as the name implies, is a server that is dedicated to you. So, you’ll have complete control over every aspect of the server. However, owning and paying for a Dedicated Server is very expensive. VPS or Virtual Private Server is a popular alternative.
A Virtual Private Server can deliver comparable performance at a much lower price. In a VPS setup, a server is virtually split into multiple independent compartments. Instead of paying for the entire server, you pay only for your compartment. This brings the cost down.
What is a KVM Server?
KVM or Kernel-based Virtual Machine is an open-source technology built into Linux that allows virtualization. Virtualization essentially refers to creating a ‘virtual’ form of a resource. This is done using a KVM Hypervisor. A KVM Hypervisor is a thin layer of software that enables a single piece of hardware to host multiple machines virtually. It also helps manage these virtual machines.
All Hypervisors require operating system level components to run virtual machines. Since KVM is a part of Linux Kernel, it has all the required components to run VMs.
KVM hypervisor is a Type 1 or native hypervisor which runs on the host’s hardware to control and manage guest virtual machines. KVM is capable of running a VPS so efficiently that it can match the performance of a physical server.
Migrating to a KVM Hypervisor also gives you access to the source code. This enables your developers to access, inspect, modify, and improve the source code of your hypervisor. KVM server is rich in features that can work wonders for your website and business.
Benefits Of KVM Server Technology
The robust features of the KVM Hypervisor ensure that your organization is able to leverage the maximum benefits of the KVM server technology. Let us look at some of the key parameters that positively impact your website:
- Speed: The loading time of your website is critical when it comes to customer experience. Great speeds also help you improve your SEO. The Linux Kernel features real-time extension allows apps to run at lower latency and better prioritization. It also divides the processes that need long computing time into smaller components. These are then scheduled and processed accordingly.
- Security: Security is of the utmost importance when you host your website and other data on the server. If it were to be hacked or a DDoS attack was to take down your website, there could be severe repercussions for your business. KVM uses a combination of secure virtualization (sVirt) and security-enhanced Linux (SELinux) which enhances the security as well as isolation.
- Customization: KVM is equipped with the same memory management features as seen in Linux, such as kernel same-page merging and non-uniform memory access. It also comes with the ability to use storage options supported by Linux, including local disks and network-attached storage. A high degree of customization enables you to ensure that your website is able to function as per the requirement.
- Scalable: KVM is highly scalable, ensuring that your website runs optimally, even when there is increased traffic, both periodic as well as permanent. As your business grows, your website will generate high traffic, which will require scaling your server. A KVM server is capable of managing and allocating resources as per the requirements. This ensures that your website will not lag or crash even if the load were to spike due to a sudden surge in traffic. This feature ensures that your website loads quickly and delivers satisfactory customer experience.
- Reliable: Your server needs to be reliable so that your website does not keep crashing every now and then. KVM is highly reliable and comes with a wide variety of hardware support. The reliability ensures that your customer can access your website without any hindrances.
Web hosting is extremely critical for your business. Slow loading of your website, downtime, and other technical problems can lead to high bounce rates and have a long-term impact on your business. It is vital for your organization to select a hosting service provider which offers robust services and uses the latest technologies.
At ResellerClub, we offer Linux KVM VPS Hosting with full root access, SSD storage, DDoS protection, and more. These stellar features will ensure the top-notch performance of your website. You get all the benefits of KVM server discussed above backed by our 24/7 customer service.
To know more about our hosting services, and other updates from the world of hosting head to our Hosting Blogs now.