A lot of considerations go into choosing what kind of hosting plan will match and support your business website. VPS Hosting is gaining popularity due to features such as account isolation and security at cost-effective prices, but choosing the right plan can be confusing. Not only do you need to consider more immediate aspects, such as the resources you need, your budget, security, and reliability, you also need to look ahead to see how much your business will grow.
The good news? Choosing the best Virtual Private Server Hosting plan brings you a steady source of the resources you need, which helps increase the uptime and performance of your website. It also is far less expensive than a Dedicated Server but also far more secure than the more affordable Shared Hosting plans you may come across. With a VPS Hosting plan, you can customize, upgrade, protect and easily manage your account. Sounds great, right? So, let’s see what VPS is, how to choose the right plan, and what exactly comes with that plan.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. Unlike Shared Hosting, where you don’t get dedicated space and resources, VPS Hosting offers a higher degree of security and privacy. In one sense, it represents a great middle-ground between the affordability of Shared Hosting and the control of Dedicated Servers and is perfect for medium-sized businesses.
Here’s how it works. VPS Hosting is, essentially, a virtual server that emulates a physical server. This is done by using virtualization technology, where a virtual layer is installed over the Operating System (OS) of the server. This layer segregates the server into partitions, giving each user of the server a space to install their own software and OS. Hence, the name Virtual Private Server, as it is by nature both private and virtual. It is separated from the other users at the OS level. This is a space where you have complete control and customization, thanks to a feature known as Root Access.
With root access, you can customize the server to suit your specific hosting requirements. So, as you run your VPS, you can set up your website and gain access to guaranteed resources like disk space, memory, CPU cores, and more.
So, keeping all these factors in mind, how does one go about choosing the right VPS Hosting plan for your business website?
Finding the best Virtual Private Server Hosting Plan:
1. Look for a budget-friendly VPS plan: A Virtual Private Server hits the happy medium between Shared and Dedicated Hosting. It offers similar services of both (especially Dedicated Servers) but costs less. This is thanks to the nature of the VPS architecture, where you get complete control over the hosting space while sharing a physical server.
The shared nature of VPS Hosting is what reduces the cost. This type of hosting is also incredibly scalable, allowing small to medium-sized businesses to start with basic resources and then upgrade as their business grows. So, go through the plans offered and assess what your needs are. The right hosting plan will offer you a good balance between resources and how much you need to pay. The scalability of VPS will also account for future growth by allowing you to increase your hosting resources with a few clicks.
2. Opt for a good control panel: Root access, the feature we spoke about previously, gives you administrator-level control. You have the ability to take charge of your server, host multiple websites, install third-party applications or software, and more. However, root access can get complicated for new users. A good control panel helps you seamlessly manage the root access and make the most of it. Most control panels like cPanel and Plesk work on Graphical User Interface (GUI) which is an easy-to-use setup (similar to the point-and-click interface of Windows). This allows you a hassle-free way to take care of your hosting setup as well as your root access.
3. Pay close attention to security: One of the greatest advantages VPS Hosting has to offer is an isolated and secure hosting environment. When you’re looking over VPS Hosting, make sure to take note of the pre-configured security settings, anti-virus protection, firewalls, and more. Great security and protection minimize the risk of downtime in case of any threats like DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.
4. Customer Support: It is essential that you choose a hosting plan and a provider who offers round-the-clock expert support. Many hosting companies will offer email support or a ticketing system. While these options are fine for small issues, in the event of a serious emergency, you will need more and immediate support. Check if your hosting provider offers complete support for issues like network, hardware, login, boot, and re-installation of the Virtual Machine. Support should also extend to basic firewall setup and investigation of any vulnerabilities in the system.
5. Managed and Unmanaged Hosting: When it comes to hosting, would you prefer Unmanaged or Managed VPS Hosting? Unmanaged hosting leaves the responsibility of the VPS in your hands. Setup, configurations, and monitoring are all in your hands and in your control. However, if you’re a beginner, you may not have the technical expertise to perform these tasks on your own, and that is where Managed VPS helps.
Make sure you check if your hosting provider offers support by helping you with tasks like migrations, boot, login, network, basic server optimization, patching & hardening, set up of firewalls, and more. Managed VPS Hosting, though slightly costlier than its unmanaged counterpart, is perfect for new websites or businesses that wish to leave the server maintenance to the experts. Additionally, Managed VPS allows you to focus on your business while the hosting provider takes care of the day-to-day server upkeep.
Choosing the right VPS Hosting plan is a matter of evaluating your choices and making sure you’re getting everything you need from your hosting provider. When you opt for VPS Hosting with ResellerClub, you’re opting for safe and reliable hosting plans that cater to businesses of all sizes. You’re signing up for technical expertise and in-depth understanding to guide you through your hosting needs.
Our plans enable instant setups and migration of data, SSD storage, easy upgrades for when your business starts to grow, multiple Linux distros, 24×7 admin support for your VPS, guaranteed resources, and root access. You can easily manage your VPS through the enhanced cPanel interface.
Furthermore, if you’re looking for new business and profit avenues to explore, our VPS Hosting plans also enable you to set up your Reseller business. With the use of WHM (Web Host Manager) and cPanel, you can subdivide your VPS and set it up for multiple clients to use. Visit our website or get in touch with us today to find out more about our VPS Hosting plans.
To know more about our hosting services, and other updates from the world of hosting head to our Hosting Blogs now.
There is no ads to display, Please add some