September marked the end of an exciting and challenging third quarter. As a domain name marketer or small-business owner, it is crucial to be updated about the latest trends in the domain name industry to stay ahead of the competition.
Let us take a quick look at the highlights of September 2020!
Highlights of September 2020
- .ONLINE grabbed the top spot contributing 22% share to the total registration count
- .SITE secured the 2nd spot with a 21% share to the total numbers registered
- .XYZ, .SPACE and .FUN secured the 3rd, 4th and 5th place respectively
- With a 382% spike in its registration numbers, .EMAIL made it back to the top 15 list after 7 months
- .ICU secured the 11th position with a hike of 300% in its total registration numbers
*Registration Numbers Facilitated by ResellerClub
Round the new gTLD globe
September is a month of a coincidental triad with 3 new gTLDs having the exact same launch dates!
- .HOST, .LIFE and .WEBSITE completed 6 years this September. They were all launched on 17th September 2014.
Performance of new gTLDs in September
Let us analyse the performance of the key new gTLDs in September 2020.
With a 79% increase in its registration count as compared to the month of August, .ONLINE was able to secure the first position with the maximum registered gTLDs. This can be attributed to its high sale in the Global markets* and a promo price of $7.49.
Global registration count for September : 1,724,045
Following close behind, .SITE has moved to the second spot with a 21% registration share in the overall new gTLDs registered in September. The new gTLD was running at a promo price of $6.49.
Global registration count for September: 1,771,278
Securing the 3rd place, .XYZ contributed a total of 13% share to the overall registered new gTLDs in September. The promo price of $ 0.99 can be credited for the surge in the Global markets*.
Global registration count for September: 3,282,856
With a 20% hike in its total registration numbers, .SPACE moved a spot ahead and has claimed the fourth spot in the top 5 new gTLDs registered in the month of September. The domain extension was priced at $0.99.
Global registration count for September: 441,245
Contributed a 5% share in the overall registration numbers, .FUN was able to grab the fifth spot in the list. The promo price of $0.99 and the Global markets* can be attributed to the maximum number of registrations.
Global registration count for September: 432,240
With a whopping 382% increase in its registration count, .EMAIL made its way to the top 15 registered gTLDs in September after almost 7 months. The maximum registration counts can be attributed to the Global markets* and a promo price of $2.99.
Global registration count for September: 109,447
With an incredible rise of 300% in its registration count, .ICU was able to secure the 11th place, in the top 15 registered new gTLDs in September. The domain extension’s growing footprint can be attributed to the ResellerClub China market.
Global registration count for September: 6,168,461
.CLUB made its way to the top 15 registered gTLDs in September. The maximum registration counts can be attributed to the Global markets*. The domain extension was priced at $11.49.
Global registration count for September: 1,312,424
Go Beyond the Traditional
With the ever-growing options of new gTLDs, you can help your customers expand their online business and in turn, reach their customers easily.
Here are some exciting new gTLD domain promos lined up for October 2020
- .NEWS at $12.99: Have customers who are reporters or own journalism blogs? Offer .NEWS to them so that they can share the latest happenings with the world.
- .REVIEW at $5.99: Enable your customers to offer unbiased reviews to their clients easily with the .REVIEW domain name at this amazing promo price!
- .XYZ at $0.99: Resell the ever-popular .XYZ at a low price and make your profits.
That’s all folks!
Check out all our leading domain promos and help your customers get the right one for their online business.
If you would like to know more about domain extensions, check out our other blogs in the Domains category.
Lastly, Stay Home, Stay Safe!
*Global market – US, Australia, Canada, Sri Lanka, Thailand and others fall under the global markets.