Big Data refers to a huge amount of data. It may be a volume greater than you can imagine; Think of servers, information and various tools of great power, which allow you to access valuable knowledge about people, habits, etc.
In addition, Big Data grows rapidly. Because they increase so fast, storing, processing, analyzing and managing them properly requires important work that gives many benefits in the medium and long term.
Although it may seem difficult, there are simple strategies to manage it and achieve results. Good Big Data management can serve not only to get to know your audience better but also to adjust your proposals and offers based on their needs.
Social Big Data: benefits of its use
Several studies on Big Data reveal that the amount of information used by everyone in their online businesses is only 0.5%. This is equivalent to that in the year 2020 when it is estimated that there will be about 5 GB of data for each person, we will be working with 0.025GB for each user of our online community and still be wasting information.
Where will so much truthful and useful information come from? There are many sources of information that companies and users relate to. Forms, emails, records, etc. But one of the strengths is social networks, where each person gives all kinds of useful data that businesses can use to better define our messages.
Social Big Data, as a concept, has gained much importance within the world of Digital marketing. This is because it can provide you with very useful advantages when planning contact with the potential client. But what is it exactly?
Although it is not such a well-known strategy, the reality is that it has gained ground due to its excellent results. The advantages, as you can see below, are clear.
How to take advantage of Social Big Data?
Exploring the data you get is an excellent way to start thinking about what will be the most appropriate way to take advantage of them. There are no magic formulas that serve all cases since, surely, your audience will have a different behaviour and personality from the rest.
However, there are some clues that will help you get the most out of the information you have collected. Thus, the most relevant examples are:
- Optimize the sales funnel: You can better identify those leads that may end up closing a sale after completing its cycle. In addition, you will have the ability to refine the process, adjusting it to generate a greater amount of conversions.
- Customize communication to the maximum: Adapting the message to the recipient is essential for the success of your strategy. However, delivering it at the right time and context is one of the great advantages of Social Big Data. If the communication is presented in the correct context, moment and form, the probability is that the message will multiply exponentially.
- Adjust audiences in social ads campaigns: You can avoid wasting resources on promoting yourself to people who, in reality, have no genuine interest in your product. In this way, you rationalize spending and avoid waste but, in addition, you achieve better results in your campaigns.
You must be clear that in order to perform all these actions thanks to this type of strategy you need to invest in Social Big Data. You must have enough technology to store all the information, process it, and store it in a useful and orderly manner.
In addition, it is necessary to have professionals who are able to work with so much data to be able to draw conclusions that are truly relevant and useful.
Generate Relevant Content With Big Data and SEO Strategies
If you are looking for how to grow organic traffic to your site, the key is in the content. But not only in its quality and originality, but also in its relevance to your buyer person and its search engine optimization.
Content is the answer to your dilemma of “how do I increase the organic traffic of my site?” However, you must be careful in the following aspects: that it be related to your brand (and do not cover too many topics), that it is not redundant and that you constantly update it.
On the other hand, what is organic traffic? And what is a buyer persona? They may be the first questions that assail you when you start to delve into content marketing to publicize your brand and seek conversions.
But the second part of the formula “organic traffic and SEO” is just as important as knowing your audience. It refers to the optimization of your website and its contents so that they appear among the first results of user queries in search engines and thus generates organic traffic with Google.
This is achieved through the use of keywords and long-tail keywords (more specific key phrases) that correspond to those that your prospects will use to do their searches on the internet and that you should include both in your headlines and meta descriptions and in the URL of your articles and the attribute of the images you incorporate.
The advantages of organic traffic are many, including its low cost and the relevance it brings to your content for search engines; The more people visit you, the more likely your site is to stand out in the search results.
Among the reports that will help you improve SEO are:
- Audience Report It helps you compare the behaviour of users within your website from one month to another in relation to the number of visitors, the sessions initiated by each one, the number of page views, the average time of those visits and the percentage of rebound.
- Qualitative reports That respond to the parameters of objectives that you have established in terms of the time that visitors spend on your site and how many pages they visit.
- SEO report based on quantitative and qualitative data. It gives very precise information about the effectiveness of the optimization strategy, and you can reorganize it according to your particular objectives and interests.
- Acquisition reports. They include metrics and statistics on visits to your website, differentiating between organic traffic (from search engines), direct (when the user directly types your URL address), the referral (which comes from links mentioned on other sites) and the social (result of the diffusion in social networks).
- Secondary Dimensions When there is no information on the search terms that generated the organic traffic, it is necessary to delve into the data requesting a special report that offers more specific information about the visits and the pages they visited in relation to the keywords used in the searches.
Using this information treasure will allow you to evaluate the results of your content marketing strategy and detect the windows of opportunity to improve your positioning.
Assist in the segmentation of clients
Before we examined our clients and saw how they were classified according to their peculiarities, especially their demographic data, and strategies were applied that were applied over months to match the results of the principle with those of the end. In our days, we can see month by month and week by week, and even in real-time, as customers evolve, and, in this way, focus strategies on the fly, obtaining better results.
Have a more precise business vision
Companies traditionally worked with Excel tables that contained the data collected and these were sent to each and every one of the departments. Then, each department contributed a part, running the risk of losing important data between them. At present, Big Data lets you create a unique data structure, without losing data between departments.
To optimize the cost analysis
Cause and effect. If we have a better prediction and planning, we will also better visualize the costs that a given action will represent.
There are 5 main pillars, which are called “5 V’s of Big Data”: velocity, variety, veracity, value and volume. The latter concerns the amount of data available – according to IBM’s estimate, by the year 2020 there will be 44 zettabytes of information on the world network.
With the right tools, your company can reduce costs based on this data, analyzing information about:
- the current situation of your company;
- its team of collaborators;
- what are the current investments and how are they being made;
- the focus of loss of resources, such as commercial points with sales below expectations.
And it is not just large companies that can use these tools: small and medium-sized companies must also invest in Big Data to become competitive.
In summary, the business opportunities offered by Big Data will depend on the analysis needs of each company.
Although many brands have missed the opportunity that this data generates, the reality is that, in the short term, this marketing strategy will become increasingly relevant. In just three years it has consolidated and, with the success of social networks, surely its possibilities will increase.