Communicating and connecting with your website’s visitors is essential as each of them are your potential customers. However, capturing their interest and getting to know their concerns in order to cater to them is tricky as you run an online business. A ‘Contact Us’ page is the perfect solution to give out important information to your customers so they can get in touch with you.
A ‘Contact Us’ provides the most basic information like registered address of the company, phone number, e-mail addresses and social media links. Alternatively, it even includes a customer-centric form asking details like name, the subject of the message, e-mail address and a description box.
Further down the post, we will be covering the importance of having a Contact Us page in detail and how to create one. One way to create a Contact Us page is by designing and coding in manually another is using a plugin if you have a WordPress website. In this post, we would be covering the latter and list down the best Contact Form plugin for WordPress. So let’s begin.
Importance of Contact Us page
A contact us page, in a nutshell, is a simple web page on your website featuring basic information so that your visitors can get in touch with you. An example of a contact us page is below:
Even though a contact us page seems like any other page on your website, it is of high importance. Here are some reasons why it is essential to have ‘contact us’ page on your website.
- A Contact Us page helps you establish a communication channel between you and your visitors should they want to get in touch with you. The reasons are innumerable to give you feedback, contribute as a guest writer (if you have a blog), general inquiry about your business etc.
- Search engines usually display contact information about your website. The more information they are able to provide the more credibility it builds. Thus, increasing your website’s visitor count.
- As a Contact Us page helps in boosting your visitors, it furthermore helps in improving your SEO, as well as, website traffic.
Ways of creating a contact us page
There are two ways of creating a contact form.
- You can code it the manually way (if you are a hands-on developer or you deal with website design)
- If you are a beginner, the best way to creating a contact us page is using plugins.
In this post, we will be covering the latter. Here are our top 4 Contact Us page plugins.
Top 4 contact form plugins for WordPress websites
There are several plugins available for creating contact forms. Here are our picks and the best contact form plugins for WordPress.
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 developed by Takayuki Miyoshi is one of the most popular contact form plugins for WordPress websites. It has more than 5+ million active installations and is available in about 50 languages. It is open-source software and supports AJAX powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet Spam filter support etc.Listed below are some of the features of this WordPress contact form plugin:
- Contact Form 7 requires WordPress version 4.8 or higher to function properly. Its new version 5.0.4 has been officially released and is a security and maintenance release.
- It is easy to install and integrate with your WordPress dashboard, as well as, customize it as per your requirements.
For further features, you can refer to this post.
Contact Form by WPForms
Contact Form by WPForms is a drag and drop contact form builder that allows users to create different types of forms for their WordPress website, one of them being contact forms. WPForms is supported by WordPress version 4.8 and higher and PHP version 5.2.4 and higher. This makes it important for you to regularly update your WordPress website and keep all the bugs at bay.
Listed below are some of the features of this contact form plugin:
- WPForms are responsive in nature. They adjust according to the medium they are browsed on, be it mobile, desktop, laptop or tablet.
- WPForms’ contact forms are web and server optimized. Thus, they help in improving your website’s loading speed. They are one of the best contact forms for WordPress website in terms of SEO. Also, if your website is powered by WordPress Hosting, then it helps in boosting your website loading speed.
Form Maker by WD
Form Maker is a responsive drag-and-drop plugin built by WD. it is user-friendly and helps in creating multiple types of forms, one of them being a contact form. This plugin is freemium and has over 1+ million active installations. Form Maker is supported by WordPress version 4.6 and higher and available in a total of 4 languages.
Listed below are some of the features of this WordPress contact form plugin:
- This plugin is multi-purpose in nature. Users can create multiple forms on different pages of their website. What makes this an advantage is that it doesn’t tell you to upgrade to a premium version to avail this feature, instead, it provides 7 form fields. Should you want more, well then you have the choice to upgrade!
- This plugin provides 15 customizable themes to their users, to choose from depending on what they like. Also, there is a custom CSS editor, as well as, easy submission tracker and customized email sending option.
Caldera Forms by Caldera Labs is a freemium contact form plugin for WordPress having over 1+ million active installations. It is supported by WordPress version 4.7 and above, and PHP version 5.6 or higher. This plugin can be translated into 12 languages. The plugin is responsive in nature and a drag-and-drop editor.
Listed below are some of the features of this contact form plugin:
- The plugin has a powerful intuitive user-interface and various user-friendly add-ons that are beneficial to both, web developers and beginners.
- It has an Anti-Spam filter that takes care of bots and spam entries. Moreover, it allows website owners to export the entries received in CSV format.
WP-Chatbot by MobileMonkey is a freemium chat plugin for WordPress. It is supported by WordPress version 4.6 and above, and PHP version 5.6 or higher. Using this plugin you can easily add your Facebook Messenger chat to your WordPress site. This way customers can directly contact you or your support team through the website or Facebook Messanger. By installing this plugin your customers can contact you 24×7.
Listed below are some of the features of this plugin:
- A single unified inbox: Your website visitors can message you either from your website chat or Facebook Messenger but all your messages get stored in a single inbox. Thus, you do not miss out on message.
- Message viewing is accessible to everyone in the team from the Facebook business page, hence maintaining transparency.
A Contact Us page is an essential part of your WordPress website irrespective of it being an e-commerce website or not. It helps in not only aiding the customers on your website but also, helps in generating leads for your business. And with best contact form plugins for WordPress, your task of creating a Contact Us page is solved significantly.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel to drop in your message in the comment box below!