Website design and SEO always go hand-in-hand. A perfect combination of these two helps you to build high-performing websites and achieve the ambitious business targets easily. Both search engines and visitors love information-rich, visually fascinating, and responsive websites.
However, with the changing time, the design of websites become old-fashioned and doesn’t meet the increasing demands of visitors. This is where website redesign comes into play. Website design industry experts recommend updating the design of the web projects at least once in every three years. During this period, websites are less able to meet the modern requirements of visitors.
Website redesigning should be conducted with a definite plan and in a professional manner. If not, chances of blunders are higher. There are many web developers & designers who make several SEO mistakes while redesigning websites.
There is no benefit of optimizing such websites as they would not fetch any business at all. So, are you looking for tips to curb the SEO mistakes while redesigning your websites? If yes, then follow the below-mentioned recommendations:
- Using Low-quality ContentThe acute shortage of content is the main problem in a web-based business. The demand is sky-high, but the production is quite low. It is because the unique content is required for conducting almost all types of digital marketing activities.There are many web designers who use low-quality content while redesigning websites. It simply dilutes the effectiveness of redesigned websites and they fail to impress search engines and visitors alike. Search engines can blacklist your website for using copied or low-quality content. It damages your web-based business completely.
So, use only high-quality content written by professional content writers. You can write the content yourself or purchase it from trustworthy content marketing agencies. Review the written content at least two times to eliminate errors from them.
- Improper URL ManagementImproper URL management is one of the main SEO blunders made by web designers & developers while redesigning websites. Search engines love cleanly optimized URLs and are skeptical about default or unoptimized or long URLs. The same holds true for visitors. They avoid opening suspicious links. So, you must optimize your links and make them relevant by adding important keywords & terms related to your business. You should also manage different types of redirects in a proper manner.
- Blunders in Website CodingNowadays coders always reel under pressure to create unique and high- performing websites for their companies, clients, customers, business organizations, etc. So, they make experiments while coding and come up with faulty websites/web pages whose coding standards don’t match with Google’s parameters.It doesn’t matter how well you optimize such websites, Google will not prefer them while displaying search results for users. So, instruct coders to code your website properly. Test the coding structure through rigorous parameters to ensure the website or its pages have been coded in a proper manner. Better consult a web design company that offers professional coders to redesign your website. You will be able to avoid such SEO troubles in an easy way.
- Excessive Keyword stuffing on Services pagesSearch engines explore websites or web pages with the used keywords and show them in the SERPs accordingly. All website owners want to maximize the traffic tremendously and sell their products/services in bulk.With this intention, they place excessive keywords in their services pages. Google is smart enough to trace this unlawful practice and can punish your website for this. So, avoid excessive keyword stuffing on your services page. Use only long-tail and high performing keywords under your niche to impress search engines and get more business opportunities from organic search results, social media channels, classified ads, etc.
- The Selection of Low-quality Themes and PluginsThese days, different Content Management systems are used to create websites/blogs. Generally, with this move, companies tend to reduce the website operation cost because CMSs offer free themes and plugins for the creation of websites.In most of the cases, these free themes, plugins, and extensions are of inferior quality and their developers don’t update them regularly. Moreover, they don’t provide free support in case you face technical issues while using those products.
So, avoid the temptation of using low-quality free themes and plugins while redesigning websites. Purchase high-quality themes/plugins from reliable web resources, customize them as per your needs (Keeping SEO factors in mind) and upload them to your website. It will result in the creation of SEO-friendly websites which will complement your digital marketing efforts comfortably.
All entrepreneurs are aware of the benefits of redesigning a website. It improves the overall look and feel of sites and helps them attract more clients and customers in quick successions. These are some effective Website redesigning tricks that will prevent you from make SEO mistakes while redesigning websites. Just follow them and redesign websites comfortably.