cPanel is a great tool. However, with all of the buttons, features, and tools available on the platform, understanding the full range of software can be a daunting task. As with any industrial solution, there are tools and training resources to help you better interact with your products.
Most features and benefits of any panel are technical in nature and restrict some aspects of the web hosting service in itself. Now if you are a reseller and don’t have enough features to showcase, it can affect your sales and your own experience with the panel too. If you buy hosting from a reliable and trustworthy reseller hosting provider, your experiences may be different because there is a chance that the features provided by them could be more.
For example, many resellers are unaware of the fact that they could use WHM or cPanel features to market their hosting business. And this could be perhaps because the hosting provider themselves does not know much in-depth about it. But don’t worry. With this article, we will offer you useful tips and features that you should take advantage of to increase your chances of attracting and retaining existing customers and acquiring new ones. Here are the 4 WHM features you must use to market your hosting business.
1. Branding your custom software and programs
Where cPanel and WHM truly sparkle is in the way that there are ample opportunities to brand the dashboard, webmail, and other notice and informing functions within the cPanel. This permits you to make a substantial and one-of-a-kind encounter for your clients as well as their clients as they move through your distinguished hosting and web management facilities.
This interface lets you transfer a custom logo, transfer a favicon, and adjust different parts of the cPanel interface. Utilize this interface to rapidly change your clients’ cPanel interfaces without the need to foster a recent fad or compose any custom CSS.
This interface stores data in the reseller_info.json document, which exists in either the root user’s or resellers’ brand registry.
- In case the reseller who owns the account has indicated custom branding data, the cPanel client sees the reseller’s branding in the cPanel interface.
- In case the reseller has not indicated custom branding data, but the root client has determined custom branding data and information, then the cPanel user sees the root client’s marking in the cPanel interface.
- If neither the reseller nor the root client has determined or indicated custom branding data, the cPanel client doesn’t perceive any customizations to the cPanel interface.
2. Offer a demo account
By creating a demo account, you can make an asset for yourself and your cPanel resellers to demonstrate an intuitive variant of the cPanel interface to potential clients. If you have used the branding capacities that are available to you in WHM, your demo dashboard will be stylized in your custom brand.
The demo account allows customers and prospects to explore the cPanel and WHM components. Customers cannot make changes to the documents or their settings. Here is the most effective way to create a demo account
To create another demo account, follow these steps:
- Log in to WHM
- Take a look at the interface to create a new WHM account (WHM >> Home >> Account functions >> Create a new tab)
- Enter the name of the domain in the Domain text box
- The Username text box is filled in automatically, or you can also create a username
- Create a custom password or use the password generator feature
- Enter the contact’s email address in the Email text box
- Click Create to use default settings or choose ideal settings
- Navigate to WHM’s Demo Mode administration interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Manage Demo Mode)
- Select the account you created
- Click on Modify
- Activate Enable
You can also delete the demo account if you want ‘to delete a demo account’, follow these steps:
- See WHM user interface for account termination (WHM >> Home >> Multi Account Functions >> Account Termination).
- Select the demo account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove.
Now, with this knowledge, you can give your users a tour of the cPanel and WHM which will help you establish your brand while you are marketing your web hosting business. Do bear in mind, the fact that simply pushing promotional content is not enough. What is more important is that you need to give your potential customers a brief look and feel of what they will experience after buying the hosting.
3. Give them unique offers
There’s a whole world of third-party tools and plugins you can include in WebHost Manager to offer your cPanel resellers and customers. Some of our most popular hosting providers have even built some of their own. Check out our Software Development Kit to learn how to add your custom tools, or visit our app catalog and check out some of our additional plugins. Here are some core benefits of the same:
- Offers a new and more friendly design
- Provides a quick start guide for new engineers and web dev professionals who aren’t sure where to start
- Provides code models for each of our API capacities
- Also gives additional code models and documentation for mixing frames, such as our LiveAPI frames and standard hooks.
- Facilitates gradually instructive exercises for everyday tasks to manage time and effort
With these unique offers and their benefits, your reseller hosting platform is set to be a sure-shot hit within your customer segment. Also, remember that the more distinguished features you have and the more beneficial they are, the more is the likelihood of customers converting to your services.
4. Self-Service upgrades
Now it is considerably simpler for cPanel users to buy upgrades from their hosting suppliers. With self-administration and self-service upgrades, cPanel clients can buy extra licenses, more disk space, and different assets fitting your personal preference.
The center of any web facilitating business lies in its items and administrations. What you need to focus on is to go past the essentials. The reason being, building solid associations with your client base is essential to progress. By opening up more correspondence or marketing channels, you can make your clients feel esteemed. Simultaneously, it is likely that you will get a good amount of customer feedback in the form of praise and criticism that will help you better your services. With this, you can be sure that your services are on the right track.
Of course, there are many other ways you can market and grow your hosting business with cPanel and WHM. But to start with these are enough. Hoping you have enjoyed and understood reading this article. If you have any comments or feedback for us, please let us know the same in the comments section below.
There is no ads to display, Please add some